As a moderate wide-angle prime, the APO-Summicron-SL 35 f/2 ASPH is almost a universal lens. Its fast autofocus, robust design and construction and exceptional imaging quality make it an outstanding lens for reportage and a convincing choice for other areas of photography such as architecture, landscapes, portraiture and studio work. It is perfectly matched to the cutting-edge SL-System and has been conceived for a long working life under professional shooting conditions.
The new Summicron-SL prime delivers extremely high imaging performance at its largest aperture, ideal for photography in any difficult lighting conditions. Further rounding out its creative photographic qualities, images from the lens exhibit natural skin tones, beautiful bokeh, outstanding contrast and corner-to-corner sharpness for a distortion-free image. This lens promises to give Leica SL users one of the most versatile all-purpose focal lengths with powerful image quality and peak autofocus performance, which can find its way into the camera bags of all kinds of photographers.
The optical formula for the APO-Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 ASPH achieves this level of image quality through its design of 13 lens elements, 5 of which are aspherical, in 11 groups. To further correct for unwanted chromatic aberrations, the lens utilizes apochromatic corrections. All of these technical qualities combined with its rugged metal construction, weather sealing against dust and spray water, Aquadura water-resistant exterior glass coatings and a fast Dual Synchro Drive autofocus leads to an amazingly capable pro-grade tool for all types of photography.
- High performance in a handy format
- Classic reportage focal length
- Quick and quiet focusing thanks to precision autofocus system with Dual Syncro Drive TM
- Precise production “Made in Germany” under the highest quality standards
- Reflection and scattered light optimization through high quality coating and optimized frame geometry
- AquaDura ® coating for dust and spray protection for use in everyday photography under extreme conditions
- The eye detection enables sharp, pinpoint portraits, even with very shallow depth of field
- L-mount bayonet