LEICA II Conversion
From about 1930 Leitz company offered their customers the conversion of an existing Leica to the latest technical level, which often led to the fact that early Leica models were converted into a Leica II or Leica III, with or without flash synchronization. Through these conversions, many early cameras have lost their historical significance for the collector.
However, the increased usefulness of a factory-equipped Leica was appreciated by many photographers who viewed their Leica as a tool.
Factory conversions are a popular specialty for some collectors, as they show how much Leitz was concerned about the desires of the customers and how Leica's technical conception and development capability was original.
Offered is a Leica II syn factory conversion out of a Leica II from 1932. The camera is equipped with a nickel plated Elmar 3,5/50mm lens from the year 1932.
The conversion was probably carried out by Leitz in the 1950s. Signs of this are, among other things, the execution of the top cap engraving. The Leica II syn has obviously not been used with a carrying strap after the conversion, due to the fact that the strap lugs show no signs of use.
The overall condition of the camera is very good and such an extensive factory upgrade of a Leica II is hard to find. The camera was rebuilt/converted with a complete camera housing. The main body of the Leica II syn also corresponds to the technical state of the 1950s.
The transport and rewind button and the unchanged Elmar 3.5/50mm lens from the original Leica II are still present in the converted camera.
Total production: the number of factory conversions is not exactly recorded
Rarity forecast: R5
incl. 19% VAT